I refrain from writing macros: I think anything that cannot be solved in an Excel sheet should not be, rather it should be programmed in a proper programming / scripting language.
Here is my 1 minute solution for that:
- The first two rows of your sheet should Start with From: and To: (see the screenshot) You should put the characters to replace in the first row and the accent less versions right below these.
- The first column below this should contain the original text to convert.
- Put this function right below the From and To rows, right of the first line of text to convert (third row, second column):
- Copy this function to the right (under each character to replace) and to all lines (which have text to fix).
- replace spaces, eg. From: " " To: "." like in the example.
- You can also use this to delete: replace anything with empty
- You can also use multiple letters (replace/ delete words, eg. change ß to ss and so on)